Monday, August 16, 2010

Connor's Cars Birthday!

I can't believe my little guy is turning 2 on Sunday! For a while, we were watching the Disney/Pixar movie, Cars once per day. It is a good thing it is such a cute movie with great music! Connor has also really loved playing with some of the diecast cars characters from the movie, so it was fitting for him to have a "Cars" themed birthday.

Luckily for me, Cars 2 is coming out June 24, 2011 and the logo for the movie has already been released. This worked out perfectly because I was able to alter the logo from "Cars" to "Connor's" using a similar typeface and it coordinates with his 2nd birthday! After several designs using multiple characters, it looked too cluttered. So, I opted to one basic design with 16 different cars. So, each invitation is unique!

I also found some cool, free, high resolution Cars coloring images on the internet. I used them on the back of each card to create a little coloring sheet for the kids.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how they came out. Of course the best part is the Connor wants to play with all the invitations. :) I'm pretty sure he approves of the design.

If you would like personalized invitations for your child's birthday, please email me. See the full Cars Birthday Invitation suite here.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved them! My son's birthday is in late September and I would love to have these made for him. I'm sending you an e-mail.
    Congrats on your creativity!
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I am very glad seeing this. My son will turn to 3 this May. Please share, thanks...
    my email is nguyenngocanhnna@gmail.com
    Thank you very much ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God... Your work is really wonderful... Congratulations...
    Please, share your files to me, my son will love this invitations... I am from Brazil... If you would like to share to me, send me an e-mail to alex@acker.com.br

    My son birthday party will be at may 1st, 2011..

    Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done, my sons 3rd birthday is in February and I would love to do these invitations for him. Was wondering if you could share my emails address is katherine.neilson@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete