Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nautical Baby Shower Invitation

I am very happy with the way these baby shower invitations turned out. My client wanted a nautical theme, but nothing cheesy and overdone with light blues, yellow and white. I found a little poem online that mentions sailboats and baby boys and I thought it was perfect as a header. I added a pewter gray to the color scheme and created a little sailboat using several different patterns in the sails. I also used the same colors to make a preppy, yet youthful plaid for the background.

These hostesses are very thoughtful and even ordered the mom-to-be coordinating thank you cards. We kept cost down by using a flat card (instead of a fold-over) and if there are extras, they could be used for other occasions as well.

(update 9.1.11)
I recently revised this design for a baby girl. It turned out too cute not to share. I can adjust the colors as needed to fit with your desired theme. I hope you like it too! (Please click on it to enlarge.)

As a bonus, if this new mom would like to use this same concept for baby announcements through Nealon Design, there is no additional design fee and she will still get a handful of custom designs to choose from!! This applies to any client looking for supplemental, coordinating pieces.

Check out these coordinating birth announcements.

1 comment:

  1. Love the invites.....trying to contact you through email. Hope to hear from you soon. Linda Whitmire

    ReplyDelete