Thursday, August 4, 2011

Outdoor Engagement Party Invitation

I was recently commissioned to design a custom engagement party invitation with a distressed, outdoor, vintage look. The bride's colors are "watermelon", navy and gray, so I wanted to incorporate all of those into the design as well. The party planner wanted to use their initials and either a clothesline or line of pennants to help achieve the look she was going for. I combined all of these ideas into a series of compositions and this is the final result. (Names, information & image have been changed.)
For an extra vintage, textured look, these are printed on a paper called Canaletto. Although the printing is still smooth, there is a little more distressed to it and if you are a paper geek like me, it feels awesome in your hand. I look forward to using this coverstock on even more projects!

If you like this style, and would like me to customize a version of it just for you, please let me know. I can easily customize colors and even alter some fonts to fit the mood of your party. Just email me! (button to the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment