Friday, March 25, 2011

A Modern yet Natural Wedding Save-the-Date

I am SO EXCITED about these wedding save-the-date postcards. The invitations designs are also really coming together!

Natalie is my cousin....my mom's first cousin's daughter, so whatever that makes her to me. I'm really hoping to attend this fabulous August affair. Natalie is an absolute delight and I would love to witness her very special day, especially since I've had so much fun doing the "paperwork".

Natalie & Mike chose the modern yet natural, color scheme of olive, gray and poppy. They also wanted to include a tree image. Finding an appropriate tree for a summer wedding that is graphically interesting using olive and gray is not the smallest task. :) Since the wedding is going to be outside at a ranch, when I found this vector tree on istockphoto.com, I knew it had great potential. I love the grungy look to it, but knew that I could tone it down a bit to make it more appropriate for a wedding.

Another element of this card that I really like is the website listed on the back. Since the web address is quite long, I used it as the vertical divider between the information side of the postcard and the space for the recipient's address. I used the bright, poppy color to make it stand out even more.

Since this is a postcard, they are saving a ton of $ on postage. The current cost of a postcard stamp is 28¢, but it is going up to 29¢ in mid April. Hopefully these will go out before the increase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment