Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ICE CREAM Birthday

Connor wanted to have a party with ice cream. That sounded great to me...easy dessert and "theme" for sure. However, as I did some research for the invitation, there was NOTHING geared toward little boys. I decided to go with a retro-comic style to the invitation giving it a bit of a super hero feeling. Each scoop is designed to be a different flavor.

This design is available as a 5x7 (shown) or a 4x6. Address printing or colored envelopes are $.20 each. EMAIL ME with questions or to place an order.
I am NOT a great baker or cake decorator. However, I tend to have pretty conceptual cakes. I decided to make an ice cream shaped cake with 5 "scoops", just like the invitation. The cone is cookie and each scoop is a different flavor. Carrot cake is Connor's favorite and he insisted that it have the little carrots on the icing. The large cake worked well because we invited a few friends to come over for the real party and then invited all of their families and other neighborhood friends to join us for cake and ice cream. There were tons of toppings for the kids to make their own sundaes. I bought an inflatable buffet online and filled it with ice to keep the ice cream from thawing too quickly. It worked great, but I should have used more ice. Connor loved it. :)
That is NOT his beer next to him blowing out the candles....his dad put it down to light the candles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment