Sunday, June 5, 2011

TRAVIS — Modern Graduation

Wow, I have a lot I need to add....I've been very busy and I'm afraid blog postings have not had the highest priority.

I was in Staples the other day and a heard a very nice lady inquiring about graduation open house invitations for her son. Staples does not have an in-house design team, but they will send it out to their "team" that will toss whatever picture you have and the information you want to include into a template. I have seen some of these. (if I don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all...)

So, I discretely told her that I was a designer and I could whip up something for her pretty quick. I don't know her and she has never seen my work, but for whatever reason, she trusted me and handed me her flash drive and jotted down some information on the back of a Staples scrap sheet of paper.

Well, this is the finished product (address changed). It is a double sided postcard. Their return addrss is printed on the back side as well as some faint lines for easy addressing. The 130# coverstock is super thick with a matte finish. They will mail beautifully. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and according to his mom, Travis really likes it too. Doesn't he look like a heart-breaker!!
Anyway, it is amazing how God will bring people into your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment