Friday, June 19, 2015

Electric Materials Company 100th Anniversary

I was asked to design an anniversary invitation for the Electric Materials Company celebrating an impressive 100 years. The client liked my family tree anniversary design with the gold gatefold, so I used that as a base and whipped something up just for them. My understanding is that the company began by supplying materials for trolleys..specifically copper. In previous anniversaries, they used the "It all began with the trolley" line, so I wanted to use it again for the big anniversary.

I used a metallic copper coverstock for the gatefold card. The quote is on one flap and the vintage trolley image is on other and wraps onto the back. The interior panel is a 4x6 with black text. The gatefold holds a 4x6 postcard printed in color with the logo (I did not design the logo) and the same logo is used on a wrap to hold everything together.

Overall, I am really pleased with how the invitations turned out. The committee was great to work with and I wish them all the best with their upcoming event!

No comments:

Post a Comment